Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
What makes these pancakes healthier than traditional ones? These are gluten-free, low-sugar and packed full of muscle-supporting protein. Top it off with some monk-fruit sweetened syrup and you’ve got yourself all the comfort and flavor of your favorite short stack without those pesky carbs and sugars. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need Servings: 6
1 cup Walnuts 1 cup Vanilla Protein Powder ½ teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon sea salt 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup cottage cheese 1 cup almond milk 1 egg 4 egg whites 2 Bananas, sliced ½ cup lily’s chocolate chips (stevia sweetened)
1. Preheat your pancake griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to combine until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla extract, cottage cheese, almond milk, and egg. Blend until smooth.
4. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently mix the egg whites into the batter.
5. Use a paper towel to carefully rub coconut oil on your preheated griddle or skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Use a ¼ cup to scoop the batter onto the griddle in nice big circles. Sprinkle with sliced bananas and chocolate chips. When bubbles form, flip the pancakes to cook on the other side. Cover when cooking the second side for about a minute to help cook the middle of the pancake.
6. Serve with chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and a drizzle of keto monk-fruit syrup. Enjoy!
Nutrition One serving equals: 298 calories, 16g fat, 205mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 4g sugar and 22g protein.